Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With the new way to do amended returns I cannot efile an amended Utah

I am trying to efile an amended Utah return.  The state of Utah says they support efiled amended returns from tax preparers.  But ProSeries does not give me the option to efile it.  It says it is complete.  I have tried a few overrides.  Anyone know if this can be done?  I tried renaming the file but then I can't efile the federal amended.  I am very frustrated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Efiling a UT amended return isnt an option in ProSeries, you'll have to send in on paper.

These are the only states that you can Efile an amended return

amendedstatesefile.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Efiling a UT amended return isnt an option in ProSeries, you'll have to send in on paper.

These are the only states that you can Efile an amended return

amendedstatesefile.png

Thanks Lisa.  I saw that but didn't want to accept it since Utah does accept efiled amended returns.  Get with the Program Intuit! 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
CA does too, but no love from Intuit!

Katie C
Level 2

Increasingly unimpressed with Proseries and Intuit.  Get with the program.  Listen to your customers.  SOOOOOOO DISPLEASED WITH OFFERINGS, SOFTWARE & SERVICE!!!!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This is a post from 2021, so it may not be accurate for the 2023 tax year.