Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energy Credit

AlmostRetired
Level 1

The 5695 form is supposed to be finalized today and the solar credits seem to be working.   However I have had a few files with a new furnace and windows and these credits do not appear to be working.     Is anyone else having issues?

0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
steve5
Level 4

I just finished two that I was waiting for the form to be finished.  Seems to be working now.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think yesterdays update had it up and working, I saw people in the PS Facebook group that were able to EF the 5695 really late yesterday afternoon

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
chenschuh
Level 3

Form 5695 Part II, in the worksheet I entered the amount for exterior windows, it does not calculate 30% credit. Anyone got the right credit?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The form seems to have a lot more boxes that need to be checked and address needs to be filled in, you may need to read the contents of the form more than just fill in the dollar amounts.

0 Cheers
chenschuh
Level 3

Of course, I answered other questions, but couldn't get the right credit. Just wanted to know if anyone has luck getting  the right credit amount.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im looking at the instructions and see exterior windows get 30% but are limited to $600.  Is it not giving you the $600 credit on line 20b?

This is from irs.gov

The maximum credit you can claim each year is: $1,200 for energy property costs and certain energy efficient home improvements, with limits on doors ($250 per door and $500 total), windows ($600) and home energy audits ($150) $2,000 per year for qualified heat pumps, biomass stoves or biomass boilers.

0 Cheers
Twanger
Level 1

Completed Form 5695 today, answered questions and entered amounts for AC and furnace.

Form did not calculate out the credit.    Called Pro-Series about this.  Just got a IRS link about Form 5695 , which link can not be found either.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Theres a few checkboxes that have to be marked for the credit to compute, I dont have the form in front of me or know which section the ACs are in, so I dont have the line numbers memorized, but scroll up to the top of the section above that smart worksheet and see if there are a couple of checkboxes that need to be checked, 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh, I added a couple of screen shots for someone yesterday in this thread, so that might help..

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-form-5695/01/285344...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Oh, this screen shot on this thread looks like it shows the checkboxes for the AC section

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/form-5695-line-31/00/2...

0 Cheers
steve5
Level 4

Any returns with the Form 5695 are not getting processed by Intuit either.  I efiled one two days ago and two yesterday and on the EF Center it reads "Received by Intuit."   I have already had one return efiled this morning accepted.

What is going on??

0 Cheers
TYRONETURKEY
Level 2

i efiled  3 days ago  no acceptance

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15