Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Pro Series Basic Keep Crashing

skymax
Level 2

My proseries basic KEEPS CRASHING.  Even as I ran the repair tool.  This tax season is hard enough, the last thing I need a my tax program to keep crashing every 5 minutes!!!  No joke, every 5 minutes!!  WTF Proseries????

Labels (1)
20 Replies 20

Same here. This is really hindering my ability to function. 

Cookie2021
Level 2

Yes, this is frustrating! It keeps happening to me as well 😞

PATAX
Level 9

Worst possible time of the year for this to be happening.... Terrible.. Good luck....

OPM member
Level 2

The latest Alert says this might happen and tells us how to fix it.  But - I don't find under tools the "Repair Updates".

0 Cheers
TAXOH
Level 10
Level 10

You have to go to the start menu, to ProSeries 2020 and you'll find it there.

OPM member
Level 2

I am also running the ProSeries Tool Hub - update fixes.

TAXOH
Level 10
Level 10

It doesn't seem to do any good because it still happens.  I'm about to try and efile, fingers crossed.

TAXOH
Level 10
Level 10

Got kicked out twice while converting and transmitting 4 tax returns.  They went through on the 3rd try.

skymax
Level 2

Doesnt do any good for me either.  Updated the program, ran the repair tools, restarted.  Keeps happening.  Glad I spent thousands of dollars on this program....

PATAX
Level 9

👍skymax

TAXOH
Level 10
Level 10

I've sent them both log files this time and Orlando responded to my email and asked for a few other things and they are working on solving the problem.  

skymax
Level 2

Thank you!

TAXOH
Level 10
Level 10

Did you email them your logs?  He said they have 6 others and they are looking to see what is the common factor among those of us having the problem.

AnhNgoc
Level 3

I reported this crash to Pro Series since Feb 01st, they create a debug file on my computer. When the software crashed, I send them the debug file and all the log files but until now, the software still keep crashing a lot of times a day! I have to click save many times while I am doing just make sure I don't have to input again!

0 Cheers
AnhNgoc
Level 3

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Everybody fasten your seatbelts.  Sounds like it is gong to be a rough ride to the finish line this year.

Armpit sniffer. Yup, checked out the help wanted ads and found the job. With my nose, how can I go wrong?
PATAX
Level 9

You may want to also make sure all of the airbags are properly functioning ..... just my opinion...

OPM member
Level 2

Yes, I only had it shut down once.  I just e-filed and didn't have a problem.  Will hope and see on the next return.

0 Cheers
MAYFERNANDEZ
Level 2

Lucky you, mine is keep crashing every 30 mins, So depressing this tax year season.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think we are all going to wake up one morning and realize this tax season was just a real bad dream.  At least I'm hoping that is the case 😰

Armpit sniffer. Yup, checked out the help wanted ads and found the job. With my nose, how can I go wrong?