Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to show K-1 section 179 on PA 40

Thx in advance
Level 2

On PA 40, Proseries is only pulling line 1 from fed K1 from the  PA "S Corp RK-1/NRK-1" worksheet and is putting that on PA 40 line 4.  What do I do with 179 deduction?  The business is in MD and is subject to same $25,000 section 179 limit as PA, so I know the "add back".  In other words, Fed K1 Income is $14k, section 149 is $7k, but MD depreciation modification is $3k add back, so net income is really $10k.   Can I put $10k on Column B of the PA "S Corp RK-1/NRK-1" worksheet or does PA not allow any section 179 from a K-1?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Accountant-Man
Level 13

The 1065 preparer needs a PA20S prepared for the non resident owner of the MD S Corp. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Thx in advance
Level 2

Yep.  I'm that preparer.  I preared the PA20S for the S Corp.  It generated as R-K1.  The section 179 is shown on line 16 of the RK-1, but Proseries doesn't pull it in anywhere. It's just pulling line 1 of the RK-1, which is full business income, and putting that on line 4 of PA-40.  Not giving any deduction for 179.

0 Cheers