Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create primary logging record

Danielle
Level 2

Trying to electronically file 2021 tax returns. Error message keeps popping up PROCESS TERMINATED-UNABLE TO CREATE PRIMARY LOGGING RECORD. Have signed on as Administrator...error still. Updated program several times. Had IT check computer. Nothing wrong with my computer. Any guidelines to fix this?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

The issue was due to corrupted file in ProSeries. Once we removed the file, Danielle was able to efile. I had entered a ticket for us to fix in the near future release of ProSeries. 

Thanks all!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitBettyJo  Im not sure who to tag in this...maybe @Intuit_hieu can you help with this?  Its a new one for me, I did see one old post, but Im not sure if there was any real resolution though.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/process-terminated-unab...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for the mention, I will look into it and get back to you with any updates on this thread. 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
Danielle
Level 2

Appreciate you looking into this. I spoke with someone last week, Debra, regarding this issue. She spent over 2 hours on the phone with me just troubleshooting. Had my IT guy look through my computer to see if anything was holding up the program from advancing...nothing.  Computer is fine.  ProSeries program is the problem.  Haven't been able to electronically file for over a week.  Any guidance is greatly appreciated.  

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Hi @Danielle could you please install the screenshot of the issue?

0 Cheers
Danielle
Level 2

I am unable to attach a screen shot at this time.  I had to install the program onto my laptop in order to send my extensions.  The program does not allow transmitting of efile. Doesn't even convert them.  Simply shows error message. When I have an opportunity to do a screen shot, I will attempt to attach it. 

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

hi @Danielle , is it possible to contact you on zoom or phone? if it is, could you please send the contact information to proseries_engineering@intuit.com

Also please provide this link: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/unable-to-create-primar...in the email.

Thanks!

Danielle
Level 2

Absolutely!  I replied via email.  

0 Cheers
Danielle
Level 2

THANK YOU!!!!  So far....so good!!!

Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

The issue was due to corrupted file in ProSeries. Once we removed the file, Danielle was able to efile. I had entered a ticket for us to fix in the near future release of ProSeries. 

Thanks all!

Aseelah
Level 1

I have a cx with this same issue, i've removed the file tha is havin the issue but we still keep getting the same error.

0 Cheers
Sandybaylor
Level 1

how do I know what file is corrupted to remove the file?

0 Cheers