Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach pdf to the PS locator

Abhilash Jossy
Level 3

Hi All,

I was trying to attach pdf (1099-B attachment) to the PS. Even after multiple attempts, I am unable to attach pdf. I am able to browse the file from E-file tab > Attach PDF > and able to select the pdf, but nothing is getting selected for attachment.

I tried contacting support and tried reinstallling, also my windows update as well. Support member says that something should be checked in my system.

Can anyone of you help me by resolving this ?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If the file youre trying to attach is too large, it may not allow it....Im not sure what the limit is, bit if youre selecting the file to attach, but its not attaching, that could be the issue.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Taxprohere
Level 7

Are you selecting the right description category?  Within that attachment window, there's a dropdown list (only from my memory, things like OS for other-state credit, a longer description for 1116 Schedule B, etc.)  Nothing to do with your PS options, windows settings. Select file to attach and pick the category of attachment that should work.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If the file youre trying to attach is too large, it may not allow it....Im not sure what the limit is, bit if youre selecting the file to attach, but its not attaching, that could be the issue.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers