Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Red X's on Electronic Funds Withdrawal of ES Tax Worksheet?

Mactaxes
Level 3

We are seeing quite a few new Red X's show up on the Electronic Funds Withdrawal of Estimated Tax Smart Worksheets in Returns that have already been filed.  The Quarterly Installment boxes were marked with the X to initiate electronic Quarterly payments, the Returns were e-Filed and Accepted with no issues and now when we open those Returns the Boxes are still marked with the X, but they are Red.  And the small box that comes up when we roll the mouse over the box says "Electronic Funds Withdrawal checkbox for Installment 1 should be blank."  Anyone else seeing this?  Or know what it means?  Worried that there might be an issue with the Quarterly estimated payments...

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
all that info was all sent with the original EFiling, what its showing now wouldnt have an affect on that.

If you uncheck the Qtr 1 box, do the other errors disappear?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
msmith7305
Level 7

I noticed it as wll. Made a post regarding this already. I even called some clients to verify funds actually came out. Another thing that wasn't broke before, now is.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its because the date has passed now.  It should only give that error on returns that haven't been EF yet, looks like the programming needs some fine tuning.

Mactaxes
Level 3

Yes, I hope it's just fine tuning!  It's very strange.  All of these Returns have been e-Filed and all 4 boxes are Red now, not just Q1!?  Like msmith7305, just hoping the payments won't be affected...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
all that info was all sent with the original EFiling, what its showing now wouldnt have an affect on that.

If you uncheck the Qtr 1 box, do the other errors disappear?

Mactaxes
Level 3

Yes!  If I uncheck the error on Installment 1, the other errors go away.  

And good to know that all the ES payment info was sent with original eFile and the current errors won't affect that.  There were some issues last year with Electronic ES payments, so we were a little concerned...thanks for the info!