Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two day Intuit conference seminar in June

PATAX
Level 15

Is anyone registering for the Intuit two-day seminar conference with free CPE coming up in June... It sounds pretty good and CPE is not inexpensive...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
dkh
Level 15

@PATAX  did you register?   I was just reading thru the details.   Did you see the last line - Earn Free CPE, network, win prizes, and more.

Prizes!   Is this what they spend our software purchase money on? 

abctax55
Level 15

I did the seminar last year.  The price is right...but you "do get what you pay for".  I wasn't overly impressed with the content.  YMMV.

You should check out CPAacademy.org - they offer a LOT of free webinars as well as a few you pay for.  Generally one hour presentations that hit the high points; you can then determine if you need for in-depth info.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't seem to recall ever reading a post here giving rave reviews to Intuit educational offerings.  Could be the anvils talking or it really could be that not many people are impressed with the offerings.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I've taken two Intuit seminars in the past:

• One was a COMPLETE waste of time and all information was pretty much useless.
  • The other felt more like a sales seminar pushing add-on products to ProSeries ... which ended up being a complete waste of time.
PATAX
Level 15

@dkh thanks for the response... I did not register yet... I have a pile of work here more than usual

PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 thanks for the information... I'll have to check it out since I do not think there are going to be too many in person seminar this year like last year

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN @TaxGuyBill thanks for the information....

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

After looking at the titles of the talks ... the entire thing sounds like a sales pitch.

I also think it is interesting that under the "Why Attend" section (near the top), the first reason seems to be to "earn badges" for joining session, etc.   Really?  Earn badges? Yet again Intuit wants to treat us as kids and play games, rather than doing anything useful.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/training/virtual-conference/

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks Bill.  After closely reviewing the information, I noticed they had the heading "plan your daily schedule".   So I am planning my daily schedule and I am going to plan on going fishing those two  days.  I prefer listening to what the walleyes have to say rather than what Intuit has to say.  🎣

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkYZ4wTBd8g

(I know... it's a bass, not a walleye 🤣 )

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

That’s a bass 🤪

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers