Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Arkansas tax unemployment compensation for 2020

Spartini
Level 1

Does the state of Arkansas tax unemployment compensation on 2020 tax return

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I'll bet Google knows

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I just saw something in another group that just yesterday Arkasas decided NOT to tax UI in 2020 or 2021....it will be weeks before Intuit will program these changes into the software though Im afraid.

0 Cheers
JML222
Level 4
0 Cheers
SamanthaDeaton
Level 2

As of 3.24.21 Proseries Basic isn't calculating the exclusion for Arkansas Unemployment correctly.   It's not taxing unemployment then providing an additional credit in the amount of the unemployment.

Also, has Arkansas legislation adopted the Covid Retirement Distribution Relief?  In other words have they conformed to the Federal 8915?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ProSeries hasnt been updated for ANY states regarding the federal UI exclusion and the changes it causes on the state returns.

0 Cheers
SamanthaDeaton
Level 2

It has for Arkansas and its incorrect.

I'm doing a return right now.   They had $6188 of unemployment.  Federal Schedule 1 they added on Line 7 and then on line 8 - it listed as UCE (6,188) for a net of zero.

On Arkansas, its listed on line 21 for $6188 (BUT NOT ADDED TO TOTAL INCOME), then subtracted on Line 22 AR-OI as ($6188).   So instead of netting to zero, its actually giving a $6188 credit to income since the $6188 isn't added to income.

This needs to be corrected ASAP.  I tried to manually correct but it won't let me take out the AR-OI adjustment.

0 Cheers
Catmom
Level 3

I have the same issue.  It's excluding the entire amount of unemployment, which is $14,726. but it's also giving an adjustment of -$10,200 on line 7 of Form AR-OI. It automatically populates that number, but I can override by typing a zero in that box. It seems like ProSeries should have fixed this by now.  It's been 2 months since you posted this issue.

0 Cheers