Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To @IRonMaN

dascpa
Level 11

@IRonMaN - the whole community wants to know how you and your wife are doing today with Covid?

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

IronWoman (she actually liked that name @BobKamman  ) has come a long way.  She is feeling much better but she gets winded climbing stairs.  She still tested positive yesterday (which bummed her out) but hasn't tested yet today.  I slept better last night so I am feeling better today.  The coughing and sneezing seems to have decreased and so far I haven't had any issues with my nose running.  Thanks for asking ------- we appreciate it.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

How is your wife doing?

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

OK... all of you with COVID.... go take those tests & pass 'em this time 🙂    We need you well so you can help all the first time posters <w>

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

We'll just have to study harder before we take the next test 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

Sending out good vibrations for easy recovery.

"She still tested positive yesterday (which bummed her out) but hasn't tested yet today."

I thought you were supposed to test every 3 days, once you "have it." This latest strain is a tough one to kick. We have a friend going on 3 weeks of still testing positive, while also feeling better.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't know what the testing rules are but she was hoping to test negative so that she could return to the office on Monday.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

Just read about your Corona, I wish it was the beer kind, but since it is not, wishing you and  your wife a speedy recovery!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks - we appreciate it!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TiredFarmer
Level 7

Wish this "tired" person knew what to do for you all!  Wishing you both a speedy recovery with no long side effects!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Thanks - we appreciate it.  We are both feeling better each day.  She was hoping to get into the office today but flunked her test this morning so we are both working from home today.   Anybody out there know how you can cheat on a COVID test😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

Anybody out there know how you can cheat on a COVID test😜

Stop taking them?  She could continue to test positive for a while.

Current CDC guidance depends on severity of symptoms and typically uses a 5-day clock rather than repeated testing:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/isolation.html

IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, technically she would be under the 10 day isolation window so she did the testing to see if she could break out of jail sooner.  I shouldn't have any issues going with the 5 day window.  I'm operating at about 95% of normal right now.  I feel like I could go run a marathon today.  Of course I've never run a marathon before, but if you remember correctly a few years back one of the Intuit employees thought my name was derived from participating in those types of things ------------ and I really hate to disappoint people.😀

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers