Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details box won't open for me when trying to reply to IronMan.

Greta
Level 9

Unable to efile 2021 return. I efile from Home Base. I don't know how to efile from Efile center. I've tried six different dates. Feeling frustrated, it should work!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Greta, put the correct current date on the return.   

Save and exit the return and go back to the EFCenter, 

Now make sure the client file is highlighted in the EFCenter, and click the EF Now button on the toolbar, this window (shown below) will open, check the bottom bubble to Convert and Transmit, then uncheck the Error Checking box at the bottom, , click OK, a window will open warning you about turning off error checking, just ignore it and click OK,

errorcheck.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Greta, put the correct current date on the return.   

Save and exit the return and go back to the EFCenter, 

Now make sure the client file is highlighted in the EFCenter, and click the EF Now button on the toolbar, this window (shown below) will open, check the bottom bubble to Convert and Transmit, then uncheck the Error Checking box at the bottom, , click OK, a window will open warning you about turning off error checking, just ignore it and click OK,

errorcheck.png

Greta
Level 9

Wow! These many decades I never efiled via the Efile center... I believe this worked! I will find out tomorrow, but it's been an (unnecessary) ordeal.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have never EFiled from within a client return!   Ive only done it from the EFCenter.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm with Lisa.  I accumulate my trusty 8879s during the day and then at the end of the day I transmit whatever returns are ready to get on the train to the IRS.  So my normal route has always been to file from the EF Center.  But no matter which way you transmit returns, I'm glad you got things figured out.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Same here @Greta 

I mean your way works but I also do all my efiling through EF center. 

If you followed @Just-Lisa-Now- it should definitely go through and get accepted. 

ljr
Level 8

I always file from the EF Center never the individual return. I do the same as Ironman, put all the ready to efile in a "pile" for the day and efile them all at once at the end of the day.