Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule A total is not transfering to 1040 line 12 properly

fishbeinel
Level 1

Hi

I have a client who's Schedule A totals 14055. Only 14050 is transfeering to the 1040 line 12.  I cant figure out why there is a difference.

Any hints?

Thanks

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

How much are you showing for total taxes on schedule A?

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

I checked my crystal ball and it tells me that they're taking the standard deduction because there's also an above-the-line charity amount of at least $5 on line 10b.  Oh, and they're also either blind or elderly.

Rick

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does it also give them the $300 charity deduction?  if so, the 14050 (standard deduction for someone over 65) and $300 is more than 14055 so that's what the program uses.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Ironman:

Do you (A)  type this [ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Tomatoes (I had to get rid of the turtles - they kept running away)] every time you comment;  or (B) did you set up a standard signature? 

I would guess B.  If so, how is it done?  I couldn't figure out and quit after my second bourbon.   

BTW, I think Lisa nailed it and found the missing $5 - and finder keeper, Lisa may keep it.  So, Lisa, Do you (A)  type this (♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪) every time you comment;  or (B) did you set up a standard signature? 

I would guess B.  If so, how is it done?  I couldn't figure out and quit after my second bourbon.   

As you could tell, I always hedge my bets.  Whoever answer me gets another $5 or a shot of bourbon. 

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you click your profile icon on the top right corner and choose Settings, I think its in there somewhere that you can set up a Signature, you have to write your own html coding for colors like mine has.

IRonMaN changes his more often than I do, he may be able to give better directions to the Signature area.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Per the instructions:

How do I create a signature for my posts?

Your signature is text that appears at the bottom of your posts.

To create your personal signature:

1. Sign in to your community account.
  2. Go to My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information.
  3. Enter your signature text in the Signature box.
    Some communities let you use HTML in your signature. Check with a moderator if you have questions.
  4. Click Save

The problem is: I couldn't find the "Signature Box" in Personal Info.... 

Perhaps it's for gurus....  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I tend to hunt and peck to get there.  Based on the options that are available now, I'm thinking it is under the "intro" tab, but since that function doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment, we may never know. 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I'm impressed at some of the "details" we learn about Jeff when we look at his profile.   😂

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/_38

IRonMaN
Level 15

When Intuit asks for details, I like to oblige 😁

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers