Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mississippi C-Corp Form 83-105 for out of state companies

Dayna007
Level 2

Preparing a Mississippi C-Corp Form 83-105 for an out of state company.  This is required to be e-filed for my client.   Page 2, Part I, line 6a asks for the County location in Mississippi.  This client is not current in MS working, but "Out of State" is no longer an option.  I called Mississippi and "Out of State" should be an option - ProSeries, this needs to be corrected.  Anyone else experienced this?  Just to get it to e-file should I pick a random county and hope that there is no impact from this?

4 Comments 4
PATAX
Level 15

I would not pick a random county since that is not correct.... Maybe attach note with the return stating that they are out of state and then disable error checking before e-filing and hopefully it will get accepted... Just my opinion...

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

See if you can find the efile specs for this return (on the state's website?).

Recently I had a similar thing with Ohio I think. The instructions had a code for out of state, but the return went through with Fulton County or something. There was a diagnostic saying the state required that locality code for efiling for out of state filers.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I had that too before with an Ohio individual income tax return...

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

So I was thinking maybe there is a similar thing here for Miss efile.

Ex-AllStar