Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Calculation

cakins
Level 2

Be aware.  I noticed as of 03/06/2021, that the recovery rebate isn't calculating correctly. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

How was it wrong for you?

cakins
Level 2

I've noticed it twice of the last two days.  Today, I've got a MFJ client that didn't get anything last year because prior AGI was too high.  2020 AGI is $178,400 which should get them $980 for the first stimulus.  ProSeries is calculating the $980 but is dropping it into line 17 instead of line 21 of the worksheet.  Yesterday is a single person with a similar scenario.  

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Did you answer the second stimulus question? That should drop down your $980.

cakins
Level 2

Can you be more specific?  There are 4 questions on the worksheet.  Questions 1 & 2 are correctly auto filling.  Questions 3 & 4 are not applicable.  Is there another question somewhere else?

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Lines 16 & 19. Enter in the stimulus payments received. 

cakins
Level 2

Of course..... the amount in both are zero.

cakins
Level 2

OK.  There was a change made.  The error doesn't pop up in box 19 anymore.  You can't leave it blank.  You have to type a zero in the field and then it works properly.  Frustration solved.