Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My client's SSN was entered incorrectly, so E-file was rejected. How do I correct it and resubmit? Thanks so much, community!

jane
Level 1

I found an article on this, the Code for the rejection is REJ001. Federal and state (CO) were both rejected. However, it is telling me to just go back into the return, input the correct information. When I do that, I get a little prohibition ("no-smoking here") sign and cannot edit the field. Thanks for your help! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I believe REJ001 refers to a state return being rejected because there was an error with the federal return.  Since this has to do with an incorrect SSN of your client, you may like to follow the instruction in the article below to correct the error and resubmit the returns.  Based on your question, however, it appears that PTO has locked the cell for SSN for changes, which is unusual.  Is that what's happening?

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1607179-resolving-e-file-rejection-0500-primary-ta...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
jane
Level 1
Correction - the code for the rejection of the state (CO) return is REJ001 (as I said above).

For the federal return, however, the message is the following:

1 - Error Message: 'PrimarySSN' and 'PrimaryNameControlTxt' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.

2 - Solution: Verify the name, SSN, or ITIN. The last name for the primary taxpayer on the return does not match what the IRS and/or the Social Security Administration have on file

3- Code: R0000-500-01
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Weird, this post showed up on my feed that it had activity 13 minutes ago...but I don't see any activity...whos stealing the posts?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13
I dunno, but if it's a moderator, they should change the product from ProSeries to PTO while they're at it.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

I believe REJ001 refers to a state return being rejected because there was an error with the federal return.  Since this has to do with an incorrect SSN of your client, you may like to follow the instruction in the article below to correct the error and resubmit the returns.  Based on your question, however, it appears that PTO has locked the cell for SSN for changes, which is unusual.  Is that what's happening?

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1607179-resolving-e-file-rejection-0500-primary-ta...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Which version of ProSeries are you using?

You should be able to just open the return, change the SSN, save and exit, then Convert and Transmit.

Do you use Pay Per Return?  If so, it may not let you just change an SSN, since you could file multiple people for the one fee just changing their SSNs and personal information each time.

0 Cheers
jane
Level 1
thank you, @Just Lisa Now!

I am using Proconnect Tax Online (PTO). Hmm... Yeah, I can't seem to be able to do that, but thank you for the suggestion. the Pay Per Return idea is a good lead as well - I'll see what I can find about that, because yes, we do use that. Thanks! I'll report back soon with hopefully an answer!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahhh, ok I don't use ProTax Online  @itonewbie can you help?  

0 Cheers
simplicity
Level 4

Thank You. Wrong SS#

0 Cheers