Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a check and a note

PATAX
Level 15

Received payment in full and a Thank You Note from an elderly client. I appreciate the Thank You Note more. Her husband had class too. He would always add an amount to my bill when he wrote the check. First Class People. If more were like this our profession would be much more pleasant.

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I always appreciate it when someone sends a little note back with their payment.  Those people serve as reminders that good clients really do exist 😀

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

I always appreciate it when someone sends a little note back with their payment.  Those people serve as reminders that good clients really do exist 😀

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

We all appreciate the notes.  I used to ask for good Google reviews.  I stopped when it caused me to get a zillion phone calls as I moved to the "top of the list".  Most were just price shopping.  Now I only ask for chocolate chip cookies and to be added to their Will.

PATAX
Level 15

A client brought Heidi🐕 Blue Buffalo dog biscuits. Very smart of her.

BobKamman
Level 15

Don't keep us in suspense.  Did you send the check back to her and tell her she forgot the tip?

PATAX
Level 15

Of course not. This was a secondary matter and I did not even want to bill her for this but she insisted that I do so.

Taxprohere
Level 7

Any thank you cards I get with my payment and usually from the 'old-school' clients,  I hang on the wall.  The cards, not the clients. 

You can't post a Venmo thank-you but you can with a postcard which a few have sent when we've talked about their upcoming vacation.