Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error F1116-004-02

bondcpa
Level 2

I receive the following rejection code Error F1116-004-02. How can it be resolved.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaryMatt
Level 3

I did, thinking that was the problem.  I selected that and saved, resubmitted and it was rejected again, so I went back in the return and the attachment was other again, not 1116

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The rejection report explains what needs to be done.  Save the 1116B as a PDF, then attach to the return

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
MaryMatt
Level 3

What if you do that and it still doesn't work.  I attached as other, then read this error message and deleted it and re attached as 1116, and it printed the extension 1116b.  saved and submitted it, and when I go back in, it still says other. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You need to find 1116 in the list of types, Other wont cut it.....scroll up and down in the list, therye not alphabetical, theyre all scrambled up.

0 Cheers
MaryMatt
Level 3

I did, thinking that was the problem.  I selected that and saved, resubmitted and it was rejected again, so I went back in the return and the attachment was other again, not 1116

0 Cheers
bondcpa
Level 2

Thanks. I had to attach and delete several times before the file would transmit.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
hmm, weird, its been working for me.

0 Cheers
MaryMatt
Level 3

I called support, and deleted the file, re saved the form and attached again.  Of course it worked that time.  I sure didn't want to mail it.  thanks

dsocpa
Level 5

Same issue.  What is strange is the error was not present when I first submitted the return.  The first reject was due to the ACA Explanation.  That cleared with the suggestions found on the Community.  Now this!  I don't think I've ever experienced anything like this  in the 25+ years I've been processing return in ProSeries.  I've done this return for at least 5 and never had a reject relating to the form 1116 Schedule B.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on printing to PDF just a particular form in ProSeries Basic.  The only way I've been able to print just one form is to go to file/print and uncheck all except the form I need.  I'm sure there is a better way!

0 Cheers
MaryMatt
Level 3

we have had good luck printing the form pdf, than attaching in the selection, you have to choose 1116.  Then the description will come up 1116b.  works every time.

0 Cheers
judyol
Level 1

I agree, there's got to be a better way but, I don't know what it is - that is regarding printing only one form and the endless box unchecking.    I'm here for the 1116 reject issues and also have attached it for years with no problems.  This year I have refiled three times.  Tomorrow I'm calling customer service.  

0 Cheers