Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY HAS PRO SERIES PROFESSIONAL FAILED MISERABLY IN CRITICAL AREAS OF SOFTWARE OPERATION

CMBE
Level 2

In all my years of using Pro Series (I started with Pro Series Express) I have NEVER witnessed a Professional software program that has performed as miserably as Pro Series Professional. Whether it's Deductible Home Mortgage, Earned Income Credit or e-filing the 1120S form along with conducting SIMPLE calculations, I have once AGAIN NEVER witnessed a program that is so inept as this year's Pro Series Professional!

We have witnessed various challenges in past years, but not to this degree! This company is asking a STEEP price for non-functioning software that will let you down at nearly every turn!

Because Lacerte is so Expensive to use, we may be forced to move on to another more reliable tax software that performs in the manner that it is created for with another company so that we can get our job done without all of the errors created by Pro Series Tax Professional. Since Intuit isn't seriously concerned about the malfunctioning of Pro Series does anyone have a suggestion on more reliable tax software? Thanks!  

11 Comments 11
BobKamman
Level 15

In all your years of using Pro Series, you must have had some really bad episodes in 2021 to be inspired to become a "New Member" and share your complaints with us.  Maybe the rest of us couldn't have helped draw attention to the problems you had, but at least we could have commiserated.  Too bad we are just finding out how miserable this program is, months after April 15, after many have already renewed.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
What is ProSeries Express?

I haven't had any of the issues you've described.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
CMBE
Level 2

Pro Series Express is the Original Tax Software Program that was used in the Early days. You are fortunate not to have Experienced the Pro Series software issues that many of us have encountered! The problems are so acute that even Intuits Top Technicians has had to acknowledge them!

0 Cheers
CMBE
Level 2

It's unfortunate, but true! Intuit KNOWS it has far too many software glitches in the program and the best program that they have is Lacerte, but it is priced out of any mid to lower level range. This program needs serious work and the fact that Intuit realizes this and haven't made the effort to resolve any of the issues with the various glitches is frightening! Another critical fact is that the Work Force is beginning to agree that some of the challenges with their software have increased steadily over the years.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive used ProSeries since the early 90's when AMIs Tax Machine went belly-up, never heard of Express before.

Only once or twice in all this time have I had to call support for an issue and that was years and years ago.  🤷‍♀️

PATAX
Level 15

Yes there have been issues with intuit this year which have been discussed on this forum... Not all of the issues though are intuits fault, i.e. the federal government decided to make tax law changes in the middle of March and make them retroactive to 2020... The covid-19 epidemic also did not help... if you would have joined this forum earlier you may have been able to receive help for your issues and you may have been able to help others... Just my opinion...

IRonMaN
Level 15

To save others from doing the Google search themselves, below is the Polar Express, or is that ProSeries Express?  It wasn't brought over by ancient aliens like the post led me to believe.  As far as issues go, there were issues this past year, like there are every year, but I don't believe it was as terrible as it sounds from the post.  I don't know about anybody else but if it was as unusable as someone has posted in September, I think I would have been using a new software long before now.

Welcome to ProSeries® Express Edition tax software
ProSeries Express Edition tax preparation software is designed for tax professionals who
file 50 or more bank product tax returns each season. ProSeries Express Edition offers:
● A fast, innovative new approach to preparing income tax returns for clients
requesting bank products
● Several bank product disbursement options including RT Checks, RTDDs, State RTs,
Cash Cards, RALs, RAL/RT Advances, and Pre-season RAL/RT Advances
● Unlimited e-filing for 1040 federal returns and three individual state returns; or
unlimited e-filing for 1040 federal returns and all state returns depending on which
version you’ve purchased.
ProSeries Express Edition saves you time by allowing you to:
● Check electronic filing and bank products acknowledgements in a single step
● Use a refund monitor that tracks federal and state calculations in real time
● Use ZIP Code and Employer/Payer EIN databases to speed data entry of your clients’
information
● Offer the ProSeries Express Refund Infoline (at no cost to ProSeries Express Edition
customers in Tax Year 2005), a toll-free telephone number that your clients can call
to check their tax refund or bank product status 24 hours a day, seven days a week
● View a client snapshot screen, color-coded data entry fields, a client questionnaire
form in both English and Spanish, and more

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ahh, Ive never used any Bank Products, maybe thats why I dont remember hearing about it.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It didn't ring a bell to me either, but I was never tempted to abuse any of my clients with bank products.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Bank Products -- don't they require a pawn-shop license to sell those, in Minnesota?

IRonMaN
Level 15

They come free with a tattoo license.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers