Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MN M1PR - Anyone Having Issues Transmitting?

I keep getting an error when trying to transmit the MN Renter Property tax Refund, saying my version is not up to date.  Yet I have done the updates, the refresh updates and the repair updates but I still get the same message.

No problem transmitting the MN state return.

Anyone else having this issue?  If it is a known problem here, I can save precious time on phone with customer service.

Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

My client made it in this morning.  I don't usually transmit returns until evening, but just for you I thought I would give it a try.  My M1PR also failed to clear the launch pad showing the same message as yours.  So we can once again salute Intuit for a job well done.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

25 Comments 25
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have only done one M1PR return and it should be picked up today.  I’ll let you know what happens later today if if you want to hold off on that phone call to support.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

My client made it in this morning.  I don't usually transmit returns until evening, but just for you I thought I would give it a try.  My M1PR also failed to clear the launch pad showing the same message as yours.  So we can once again salute Intuit for a job well done.

Slava Ukraini!

I guess I feel better knowing it is just not me.  I guess I feel worse knowing my blood pressure is about to rise as soon as I call customer service.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I hear Fireball helps with that kinda stuff.

This would be another instance of it would be really nice if Intuit would provide a list of know issues.  I have attempted to file 10 individual returns so far this season.  One was the above named return and I received a rejection for another MN return this morning because I don't have a date entered for a kid ------ that I do have a date entered for him --------- but I can try again on the 9th when they will have an update ready.  At a rejection rate of 20% thus far, this is going to be a long tax season.  I don't drink, but Fireball is starting to sound like not such a bad option at this point.

Slava Ukraini!

Fireball is a cure-all for everything!  And now that it is plentiful again in IL due to the retirement of our friend, I have found that it goes well with my English Muffin at breakfast, my banana for lunch, and whatever for dinner, as well as right before bed.

But now, I found another time for Fireball: right before I file a MN property tax refund return and right before I file a PA local return.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Our retired friend would be happy to drink to that!

Slava Ukraini!

After spending an hour with customer service listening to her type with someone the next level up, they refused to write a ticket for this problem unless I uninstall and re-install the program.  I refused to waste another hour+ on that when I am not the only one with the issue.  So the result is no ticket, no investigation, and as far as Intuit is concerned there is nothing wrong with the program.

Please, anyone else who is having this issue please call customer service and vent! 

I need a case of Fireball right about now.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill  - Have you run across this issue yet?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have to run out for a bit so I can't get stuck on the phone right now, but I can tell you that I am not about to waste my time uninstalling and reinstalling their broken software.  I'll drive out to Intuit HQ and meet with Mr Goodarzi before I will do that.  Intuit support sucks.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL  So I made the dreaded call to support.  Actually it wasn't dreaded, I only had to wait a minute or two and got connected with a very nice lady in Texas.  Although the lady was very nice, she obviously was very new because she kept on referring to "she" when she would tell me to do something with the program.  I did go the uninstall route, but that was just for the Minnesota property tax module so that wasn't a big deal.  But when they got to the end of the road, she said she was sorry that none of the dance steps fixed the problem.  I told her that I didn't think it would fix anything because you had called in earlier and I told her that I'm sure you did the same waltz with the same results -------- but the support person blew you off.  The good news is, they officially admit there is an issue that needs to be fixed.

Slava Ukraini!

Thank you for carrying that load.  When you become an old fart like me, patience is a little difficult to come by.  I would have lost it on someone if I had to go through that crap just to say "I told you so!".  But maybe now it will get on the to-be-fixed-list.  Since the Property Tax Refund return isn't due until August, I'm thinking they will get to by August 8th, give or take.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I told her from the start that it was an issue because you were having the same issue.  If she wasn't really nice, some of my old fartiness would have been displayed.  But I went for the long ride hoping that if I was patient and polite, eventually I could get them to admit that the module sucked.  And you are right - no hurry, but it is a lot easier to get them transmitted and done when you are taking care of the federal and state returns.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, I received an e-mail from "Tony" at Intuit saying they are looking into the issue.  As soon as they know what the issue is or when it gets fixed, he says he will reach out again.  I'm not really expecting that second e-mail telling me that it's fixed (based on past experience), but at least they are looking at it.  I'm guessing they pulled everybody off of the 5695 and 7206 projects to get this figured out for us 😜

Slava Ukraini!

That is a relief.  I was scared at first.  When you said you received an email from Intuit, I thought they were giving you a timeout!😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I thought they were giving you a timeout"

Been there, done that😁

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I had one that wouldn't e-file, but I just shrugged my shoulders and didn't really care.

If I remember correctly, they haven't been able to file until mid-February is most past years.  And since the refunds don't come until at least June, I'm not in a hurry to file it.  I'll file it next month. <shrug>

IRonMaN
Level 15

So I ran an update today (I ran a bunch of them last night🙄).  I had been entering the Minnesota rebate as "Minnesota rebate" on the other income line on the federal return and then took the subtraction on M-1M.  I went back into a return I had started over the weekend for which I had already entered the MN rebate and now I get a friendly note from Intuit.  If I am subtracting the rebate I need to have an amount entered as other income on the federal return ------------WHICH I DO.  In order to clear the stupid thing on Minnesota I had to create a 1099 MISC on the federal.  Thanks again Intuit for fixing something that wasn't broken 😬

Slava Ukraini!

That’s weird.  I didn’t have that problem.  I didn’t use the 1099MISC worksheet because it shows up as “Other Income-Box 3”.  I entered on one of the open lines and specifically identified it as “Other income from 1099misc box 3- MN  tax refund” and then on the MN return just entered it on the line for the subtraction.  Then it automatically happened on the Property Tax rebate form.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It worked fine like that for me to ---------------- until today.  Sometimes I really hate updates.😬

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Oh 💩

I hate those updates that break things.  Are the developers really that clueless?

@ IRonMaN said:

It worked fine like that for me to ---------------- until today.  Sometimes I really hate updates

I went back to the MN return I finished a few days ago and sure enough, it now has the exact error IRonMan described.  Fortunately, I filed that return and it was accepted by MN.

The update did not cause an error on the MN Property Tax Refund return.  However, I tried to file it after the update and it is still rejecting with same error saying the version is out of date.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL  - I just received an e-mail from Intuit.  The M1PR issue is fixed so you can now transmit the return.  You don't need to update your software.  I did just try my M1PR that was in limbo and it did go through.  Whether or not it clears remains to be seen but we are at least moving forward in baby steps.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

As a side note, that was fixed in record time - I am impressed.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers

I just tried and the MN Property Tax return was successfully transmitted!🎆

I'm not surprised they fixed it so quickly.  All they had to do was follow their own advice and uninstall and then re-install their program!😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

IRonMaN_0-1646756650665.png

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers