Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS efile data base issues. I had several returns denied efiling due to differences with this data base. How do I get this corrected with the IRS?

CHRISTY
Level 1

is there a way to see what the IRS efile database has for a birthdate that isn't agreeing with a tax return and therefore returning it.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Id have the taxpayer verify with SSA what date of birth they have on file.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

As far as Ive seen they only look at the birth year, not the actual date.

Whats the full rejection message and/or rejection code youre getting?

0 Cheers
CHRISTY
Level 1

Hi,

I don't have it right in front of me but I think it said rejected because the birthdates didn't match.  There could have been an error on an earlier year paper filing but how do they get the birthdate information and if it is incorrect in the efile data base how do you go about correcting it for future submissions.

Thanks,

Christy

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Paper filing doesnt even include the DOB, so thats not it.
The only time Ive seen a birthdate rejection is when theres a credit of some kind thats tied to the age of the person and youve got the wrong birth year on the return that makes them not qualify for that credit.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS gets their records from the Social Security Database, so if theres an error in the DOB, thats where its originating.

0 Cheers
CHRISTY
Level 1

I looked it up....IND-524 - The primary taxpayer's e-Filing signature includes a date of birth that does not match the IRS e-File data base.

0 Cheers
CHRISTY
Level 1

I originally submitted this tax return with TurboTax when it was rejected.  I then submitted again using a generic online program and had no problem.  It just seemed like it was an Intuit issue.  So, at this point no way to find out what the IRS e-File data base shows for information when they reject a return??

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Id have the taxpayer verify with SSA what date of birth they have on file.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I originally submitted this tax return with TurboTax when it was rejected. I then submitted again using a generic online program and had no problem."

Turbotax? Are you a Paid Preparer and this is your Client's return?

TurboTax isn't supposed to be used by Paid Preparers. If you have an issue with TurboTax, that isn't this community, anyway.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.