Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hired not one, but two assistants

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

For my home office help.. Debit and Credit. 271088038_4793273284044965_5145697130532980155_n.jpg271021904_4793350460703914_2361810693884090189_n.jpg

37 Comments 37
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

What do you name the litter boxes?  "Debit Adjustment" and "Credit Adjustment"?

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
qbteachmt
Level 15

"What do you name the litter boxes?"

In and Out?

Gain and Loss?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
dkh
Level 15

Bad Debt  and Inventory adjustment

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

And this generation of cats...  Lying down right in front of a mouse....

BobKamman
Level 15

There are those of us who are allergic to cats.  And there are people who would avoid eating nuts on an airplane out of kindness to another passenger, but think nothing of exposing clients to feline dander.  I used to have a client who ran a shelter for wayward cats.  I would take massive doses of vitamin C, half an hour before she arrived, and then brush down any chairs she had used before going home to shower and change.  

dkh
Level 15

clouds-with-rainfall.jpg

rcooley25
Level 11

They look like they are smarter than anyone or anything we have ran into at Intuit.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm confused.  When I learned bookkeeping in school, debits were the window side of the room.  So is one really named Debit and the other one named Credit or is this like a Newhart episode - hi, I'm Jim and this is my cat Debit and my other cat Debit?

Slava Ukraini!
ljr
Level 8

Good Idea - I should hire the dog and the cat - need the help and can't get it  so this way it only costs me their food. lol. 

BobKamman
Level 15

I had to look it up but Bob Newhart, 92, is still alive.  People in their 70s will remember him.  Posterity can access some of his work on YouTube simply by Googling his name and the word "cats".

https://youtu.be/wqsHxhAIUBA

IRonMaN
Level 15

Some of us in our 60s will also remember him😉.  

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Bob Newhart had a recurring role on Big Bang Theory.  He's a multi-generation loved actor.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I loved George Carlin and Bob Newhart.  I saw Newhart in person back in the early 80s and he was great.  The difference between Carlin and Newhart was, Newhart could make you laugh and do it in front of the whole family.  It was just good, clean humor.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

People of all ages know Bob Newhart. I mean who doesnt? Sheeeeesh

qbteachmt
Level 15

"People of all ages know Bob Newhart. I mean who doesnt?"

He started working as an accountant, before going into comedy.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

That I actually did not know. I guess you need to have a sense of humor to work in accounting. LOL

IRonMaN
Level 15

If so, there have been a number of folks showing up here over the years that should have chosen another profession. 😬

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Bob you're a mensch.

From a cat and dog lover.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

I saw George Carlin in a small venue, probably in the 80s, too.

Ex-AllStar
BobKamman
Level 15

Of course.  Late 60s.  The seniors who still watch network television sitcoms may know him from Big Bang Theory, also.  

dkh
Level 15

Bob, I like your St Patrick's Day spirit

IRonMaN
Level 15

And I thought he was just going color blind. 😉

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Oops that reminds me, I better get one last one in so @joshuabarksatlcs  isn't disappointed:

• Two old men were contemplating life when one man asked the other, “If you had to get one or the other would you rather get Parkinsons or Alzheimers?”
  • “Sure, I rather have Parkinson’s”, replied the man. “It’s better to spill a couple of ounces of Jameson Irish Whiskey than to forget where you keep the bottle!”

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

But I just opened my bottle of Blanton's Original Single Barrel from Xmas.  Would you kindly update it if you tell the joke somewhere else? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I wasn't planning on telling it anywhere else, but I'll make a note of that just in case.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

To BobKamman, That's just rude.  Save it for another day it's your issue.  Hope you sent your cat lady to another preparer who appreciates what she is doing.

Those kitties are adorable!

0 Cheers
MICHAELMARS
Level 5

Years ago I had two cats, a red one and  a black one.  Obviously called Debit and Credit!

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Cats are annoying..........get dogs!!!  😂😂

dsocpa
Level 5

Keep it to yourself.  So rude and annoying.  You are perpetuating animal abuse.

And why would make a comment like that to someone obviously enjoying their new family members.

0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

Why would you even post that here?  Just rude and unnecessary.  

0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

They are adorable.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Keep it to yourself. So rude and annoying. You are perpetuating animal abuse."

I'm not really sure how a joke like that perpetuates animal abuse.  You might want to lighten up a little.

Slava Ukraini!
dsocpa
Level 5

That is your opinion.  I'm allowed to state mine.  Especially, if I believe the post to be inappropriate.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN Sometimes I think your attempts at online humor are inappropriate, too.  But then I remind myself there is more than one way to skin a cat.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

"That is your opinion. I'm allowed to state mine. Especially, if I believe the post to be inappropriate."

That's what is great about this country, everybody is entitled to their own opinion ---------------- no matter how wrong that opinion is 😲

@BobKamman  - I think you are the next one that is going to be scolded for inappropriate comments.  That principal's office is going to be awful crowded Monday morning.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dsocpa
Level 5

Ha, Ha, so clever.  Better watch out your intellect might be showing through.   

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I miss the old forum format with a not helpful (thumbs down )button …. Maybe they could put a sneers button next to cheers?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround