Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention clients: stop talking and start walking.

PATAX
Level 15

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Just put a meter in your office with big hands and big dollar signs showing how their bill is building up while they are talking about their gout and their last trip to the grocery store.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

Just put a meter in your office with big hands and big dollar signs showing how their bill is building up while they are talking about their gout and their last trip to the grocery store.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

guy comes in.. starts to tell me how he had surgery last year.. was sick.. off work.. i tried so hard to appear interested, while reaching for his pile of envelopes, w-2s and such still in envelopes.  

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Time long ago, when I worked in the office and met with clients who started talking because they had nothing better to do with their time, I would stand up and they would stand up and I would start walking and they would start walking and before you knew it, we were outside, and I said I’ll talk to you later

Now it’s a lot simpler. I just hang up the call and blame it on technology.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
abctax55
Level 15

Bruce.... LOL.  With our weather lately, it's really easy to blame a disconnect on that, or on the power going out.  We (Tahoe) are now at the second snowiest winter on record, and with what's predicted by Tuesday - we will break the record.  And, possibly break me, too.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Anna, are you okay? Hunker down and drink heavily… 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
abctax55
Level 15

We are OK/safe.... just a bit worn out physically & mentally.  No danger of starving to death <w>. 

But the worry of flooding, and possibly structural compromise is draining.  John sandbagged the back of the garage Thursday. My little office was built in 1938 - it's seen worse.  Our house isn't quite as old, but has been thru worse too.

Depending on how much worse this gets tho, there's a lot still heading our way.

It's difficult to drink very much, knowing I might have to go out & use the snow blower.   Those critters can be dangerous and munch up fingers/hands/toes if one isn't careful.  Now shoveling; that I can do completely 'drunk' 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"