Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had this error yet? A little background of what originally might have happened and what I have done to try and fix it. I was installing ProSeries on my laptop

LauraC1
Level 2
Has anyone had this error yet? A little background of what originally might have happened and what I have done to try and fix it. I was installing ProSeries on my laptop and when it asked for the login the computer died. Totally my fault for not realizing it was so low. I plugged it in and restarted the computer. I tried clicking on ProSeries and I got this error. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program and all products four times now still getting the same error. Twice I installed from the 2021 program and twice I installed it from my online account. I've tried running repair, running as administrator. I went onto my account to see if there was anything weird and didn't see anything. I am at a total loss and am hoping one of you has run across this. Thanks in advance!

Tech issues.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@LauraC1 , @Just-Lisa-Now- Could you please try to remove the Callisto.* files from your common folder & try again?

explorer_0xJEXS3sCd.png

View solution in original post

13 Comments 13
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_hieu  are you still the one to tag for weird install issues like this? @IntuitGabi or maybe you can get one of the programming guys to look at this, I think its outside of any fellow users knowledge base.  I feel like there was another guy that was helping with program issues like this, but I cant remember his name!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Laura, you may want to Edit your post and include more details, looks like they didnt quite make it into the body of the post.

0 Cheers
LauraC1
Level 2

Thanks! I was having issue with the post. I just updated it.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@LauraC1 , @Just-Lisa-Now- Could you please try to remove the Callisto.* files from your common folder & try again?

explorer_0xJEXS3sCd.png

LauraC1
Level 2

I'm sorry, but where do I find that file? I don't see anything with that name

Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

They should be under something like c:\prowin22\common folder

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use Windows File Manager, find the ProSeries2022 folder and the files should be in the Common folder under Proseries 2022

LauraC1
Level 2

I just deleted them and tried to get into the program and it worked!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Woohoo! @Intuit_hieu  you da man!  or woman!  😁

0 Cheers
KarenWCPA
Level 2

We have this error with multiple computers this morning.  I went to my ProWin22 folder & do not have a "common folder".  Can anyone help?

0 Cheers
KarenWCPA
Level 2

I found the common folder on our network, but we cannot delete the Callisto files. The OPT file won't delete - says it is in use.  The others delete, but reappear as soon as we try to log in to PS.  

0 Cheers
Intuit_YashK
Employee
Employee

@karey Looks like you have network install.

For network install you may find it in the shared location, e.g. C:\ProSeries\ProNet22\common

Hepner2714
Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  It won't let me delete the .opt file and the others reappear when i try to open ProSeries22.

0 Cheers