Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1041 Filing Instructions

tracy3
Level 1

The filing instructions stating the federal return will be electronically filed when the return is not set up for efiling.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

i have not had that problem at all with any of mine.  but then again, i e-file all of my 1041s.

just go to your tools>>Letters>>manage specific client letters>>create new letter (you have to name it.. i use 'csl' for every one if them), and edit it by deleting the below code and wording, and then save. and print client specific letter. 

[@FIFEFDO]
Your <@FIF1041>, <@FIFPROD>, for <@FIFCLNAME> will be electronically filed.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

So, in part part VI... the little box  in the Original Return column on the Form 1041 line doesn't have the box checked??

if it doesn't, then you have fiddled with the standard Client letter and removed a 'trigger'  code or something.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
tracy3
Level 1

No, the box isn't checked in Part IV.  I also did not make any changes to the standard client letter.  The letter has both the paper mailing instructions (which shows the address for mailing since there is a payment due) and below the mailing address it states the return will be electronically filed.  It's providing both.  I think it may be a glitch.  Just wondering if anyone else had this problem.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

i have not had that problem at all with any of mine.  but then again, i e-file all of my 1041s.

just go to your tools>>Letters>>manage specific client letters>>create new letter (you have to name it.. i use 'csl' for every one if them), and edit it by deleting the below code and wording, and then save. and print client specific letter. 

[@FIFEFDO]
Your <@FIF1041>, <@FIFPROD>, for <@FIFCLNAME> will be electronically filed.