Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

electronic filed accepted return

A return in 2019 was accepted on 5-22-2020 but when a transcript and record of account was pulled says no return on file. 9325 says accepted in fresno at that date.what do I do. Even the account when accessed you can see payments made just not applied to anything

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Have your client sign an 8821. Call the Practioner Priority line 866-860-4259, fax them the 8821 and ask them to review it.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Have your client sign an 8821. Call the Practioner Priority line 866-860-4259, fax them the 8821 and ask them to review it.

seems easy enough... to be honest it is actually my own return from 2019.  I was wondering why I did not receive 2nd stimulus payments but thought nothing of it.  Then when I checked again and I logged into check my own payments were applied and return status and it said no return on file to date for 2019. When I went into 2019 to check. it is there, accepted with out any issues. 9325 says Fresno 5-22-2020. So priority hotline  is best bet.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

and if you call the PPS hotline and it says the lines are too busy to call back later, call right back!  every time it does this to me I get through the second call.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

I just tried to call PPS and most of day got a weird message that call did not go thru.  Now I got a call back and seemed weird and was told I could only inquire about business returns and not personal returns.  It seemed strange.  I am just checking to see if my return has been processed since I have a submission ID with date and my online account claims no return was filed.  I guess I will try again.....  866-860-4259 Is the number I called...

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

They're probably doing courtesy hang ups, go thru all the prompts and they say good bye and hang up.

That's the number I use, but you can always verify it on IRS.gov. I have received the new, but rare, call back feature. Make sure you enter the right prompt for Individual returns, not business.

0 Cheers