Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current subscriber, but need previous years

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

I've been using both ProSeries Basic and ProSeries Professional since TY2014.

I now have a tax resolution client that I need to file returns for TY2010 going forward. Is it possible to purchase a one-time use of the software for these years (TY2010-TY2013)?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitGabi

@jhbvtacpa Let me know if you're able to use the dashboard link shared above. The dropdown will give you options for previous years. 
Also see this article here: Installing and unlocking older versions of ProSeries

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 6.37.38 AM.png

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Someone has a link somewhere to download older years, I keep forgetting to grab it and save it when I see it. 

I dont think they officially support them back that old, but I know Ive seen a link in the past year or so.

@IntuitGabi 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thanks. Hopefully someone reads this and will share the link.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

I can't think of circumstances where IRS would be interested in returns going back that far -- maybe there are NOL carryovers? -- but I won't suggest that you are just spinning your wheels.  

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

IRS isn't my problem, the California FTB won't take "no" for an answer these days. Need to file all missing returns, st least with the collection agent that I'm dealing with.

BobKamman
Level 15

California has a  "taxpayer advocate" for its FTB -- like IRS, it may often be as useless as mammary glands on a boar -- but I would look for some kind of policy statement on how far back they will pursue delinquent returns, especially if there is little likelihood of collecting tax and penalties.  And of course, the collection agent you are dealing with does have a supervisor, who may be more reasonable.  Especially if you mention a letter to state legislators about the policy (or lack thereof).  

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

Is this what you are looking for: https://myproconnect.intuit.com/account/dashboard

IntuitGabi

@jhbvtacpa Let me know if you're able to use the dashboard link shared above. The dropdown will give you options for previous years. 
Also see this article here: Installing and unlocking older versions of ProSeries

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 6.37.38 AM.png

sjrcpa
Level 15

@BobKamman CA seems to go back to forever.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Gabi, thats the link I was thinking of yes!!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

FTB is brutal, and yes, they will haunt you until the end of time for a return.  

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Thank you. Every Intuit subscriber should bookmark that article!!