Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Where's My Refund

thetaxguy305
Level 3

I have noticed all the returns I have submitted over the last 2 weeks (only 5 with refunds) are showing the message below instead of the usual Return Received. Obviously none of them has been 21 days or more but I just thought that was strange. Has anyone seen similar?IRS MESSAGE.JPG

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I rarely check on them, I did have one that was running a bit behind and he had the message, I fugured he was going to end up with the dreaded ID verification (he had a huge refund than usual, he changed his withholdings so he wouldnt owe money and he went way overboard!)but he got it!  just a little late.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
thetaxguy305
Level 3

Thanks for the response. If you get a chance can you check on recently submitted returns statuses to see what they say? 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Last one I had with a refund was accepted on 8/23, refund was just issued on 9/13...so that does seem a little longer than usual.   

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
thetaxguy305
Level 3

Thanks for checking. This seemed to start with returns filed 08/30 and later. So like I said even the oldest one hadn’t even been 21 days. It’s just that I had the client email me about a status and saw that message. But I’ll let it ride and wait on the IRS. Thanks!!