Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS accepted return on 3/13/2021 but "Where's my refund" says no record of return

Jack1952
Level 2

That's the details. I have client calling IRS. Anyone have this happen before?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

There is a lag time between when an efiled return is accepted and when that return gets into the IRS database used for Where's my refund.

Also, millions of returns are being delayed in processing for assorted reasons. See

IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue | Internal Revenue Service 

Look at the first item under What You Can Expect

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15

You could call PPS - you have Third Party Designee    

PATAX
Level 15

Check the posts on this forum and I think you will find that many tax preparers have had similar issues with clients not receiving their refunds... Just my opinion

BobKamman
Level 15

Calling IRS has two results:

1)  the 5% who get through to a real person will be told they have no information other than what's already available with "Where's My Refund."

2)  One less person at IRS is available to work on processing returns.  

Jack1952
Level 2

I agree that if 'where's my refund' says 'still processing' then it's a waste of time calling. This, however, said 'no record' of a return that was accepted.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

There is a lag time between when an efiled return is accepted and when that return gets into the IRS database used for Where's my refund.

Also, millions of returns are being delayed in processing for assorted reasons. See

IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue | Internal Revenue Service 

Look at the first item under What You Can Expect

Ex-AllStar