Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5695 issues after waiting! :(

Angela1111
Level 2

Help! I can't figure out what I need to do to get the credit flowing to the return.  I have a heat pump. Section B Line21a & b checked Yes, section c entered the address, and entered the cost $11,040 as the cost in the smart worksheet.  The cost is flowing to 29a and I'm getting the $2K on 29e and 30. But the amt form 1040 line 18 is not showing up in the worksheet so it's not allowing any credit.  What do I need to do to get their total taxes to show up? They have taxes of $20K so plenty of room to take the credit. Other than overriding item A for the total amount of taxes, any advice how to get this to calculate? 

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Try filing out 17a-c and put the home address on 17d, answer 17 E. Answer 21 a&b along with address again on C. Put your amount electric gas heat pump if thats where yours go. 

I had a boiler and for shits and giggles I put your figure of (on the proper line) 11040 and I came up with a 2k credit which flowed as it should.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Try filing out 17a-c and put the home address on 17d, answer 17 E. Answer 21 a&b along with address again on C. Put your amount electric gas heat pump if thats where yours go. 

I had a boiler and for shits and giggles I put your figure of (on the proper line) 11040 and I came up with a 2k credit which flowed as it should.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I think I would try deleting the 5695 and then create a new one, especially if you already had information on the 5695 before the update.

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

@TaxGuyBill I have been able to get the 5695s to work and efile. the returns seem stuck though as received by inuit, not being pushed to the IRS.. has anyone got acknowlegements on acceptances with 5695s from the IRS?

Angela1111
Level 2

Thank you! Entering the into in 17a AND 21 did the trick.  Again, really appreciate your help! 

gk
Level 5

Thank you. Works fine now