Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries 2023: Remove Unused State Forms

josephanselmo
Level 1

Hi all,

We installed ProSeries 2023 Network, not standalone, and made the mistake of installing all of the forms for every state. This resulted in startup times and other performance issues. We ensured the server had sufficient resources and disk available.

allstates.png

I came across a post on the community that stated that best way to improve performance was to only install the forms for the states you are absolutely need. So I found this article on how to remove used state forms: Uninstalling a federal or state product in ProSeries (intuit.com)

I followed steps 1-5 on the server; however, the remaining steps in the article don't see to work. It took forever to remove all of those forms from the Updates folder. I cannot believe how easy it is to install new states, but it is extremely tedious to remove them.

When I launch the uninstaller in step 6-9, I do not see a list of state products to remove, just one:

uninstall.PNG

So I am unsure how to proceed with removing all of the unnecessary state forms that are griding the performance to halt. There has to be a better way of doing this?

I also tried launching the "Add State Products" menu which launches the dialog in the first image. I tried unchecking all of the states we didn't need; however, it doesn't appear to remove them.

I'm not sure what the best way to move forward is. Is there a better way to remove these items? If I do a clean install, is there a way for me to preserve the clients / returns we've already worked on?

Thanks for your time.

0 Cheers