Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QuickBooks - Any one able to print invoices to PDF (or send them out for that matter)?

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

I know its the wrong forum. Thanks.

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

I had a problem a few weeks ago.

I had to uninstall the program & reinstall. None of the updates/patches/Tool Hub worked. Required a call to support :-(.

YMMV 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

Do you use "Save As pdf" or do you actually use a virtual "Print to PDF printer?" If you "print to pdf" is this your own virtual printer, which one, or are you trying to print to the provided one?

Have you tried "Send Later" to see if the pdf attachment generates, or do you directly "send" and is that while Previewing (customer template perspective) or only the on-screen (programmatic) view of that transaction?

Have you tried the pdf fix?

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/manage-users/troubleshoot-pdf-print-p...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Able to "Print" then select one of my own printers "Adobe PDF" "Microsoft Print to PDF", etc.  So I can actually create the PDF inside of QB; just not through the QB features.

The problem is that QB no longer seems to be able to generate the PDF file (whether for invoices or reports) on its own, through its own menu options, and that means most automatic features (e.g., emailing monthly invoices) no longer function.

Using QB 2021 Desktop and have tried Tool Hub.  [Didn't try the manual registry edits since, if it comes to that, the software is of little value.]

Seems that QB can print to PDF if you use QB 2022 or later (they want me on a cloud version with the annuity).  No offense, but not happening.

Product is only one year old.  Works with Windows 10 but not with Windows 11.  Moral of the story for now:  Keep a Windows 10 machine around if you regularly email invoices to clients.  You may be on that machine a long time until you find an accounting software that can send out invoices.  Thanks anyway for the help.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

You are not supposed to be using "Print To" for pdf, for, oh, 15 years, now, at least. The QB provided function: Save As pdf. As for W10 vs W11, of course that can be an issue. Also, QB desktop 2022 is the first to change to 64-bit. I typically try the control panel Repair for the QB program (uninstall/repair) after a Toolhub task didn't help. I don't resort to registry hacks, especially when trying to "fix" my clients' computers. I don't want to be held responsible for that level of change.

I see many people are having trouble with the two recent patch updates. If you put those in, you might need to wait until the next patches are issued.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

thanks for the suggestions...

0 Cheers