Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased eSignatures not showing in dashboard

cathybcpa
Level 3

I purchased 200 esignatures but they do not show on the dashboard. It shows a balance of 0. I have called customer service 5 times and been on the phone for literally hours. My case was elevated and was told I would get a call back two days in a row but never did. I spent $498 and cannot believe what a hassle this has turned out to be. Not a great way to sell their product and quite embarrassing to tell my clients my software isn't working. Not good. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

If I were you, I would get signatures by some other means, other than though Intuit e-signatures.

Then call your credit card to dispute the charge for something that you did not receive.

Then email every Intuit executive about the the incompetence of the Intuit developers.

Apparently, Intuit doesn't even know which forms need to be filed with the IRS, so you really can't rely on them for ANYTHING.

0 Cheers
cathybcpa
Level 3

Any recommendations of other ways to obtain electronically? Intuit uses DocuSign, so has anyone cut Intuit out as the middleman and used them directly? I like your idea of disputing the charge. This is the first year I've used eSignatures and spent $498 - have had nothing but trouble. The only ones that worked were the 5 free trial signatures but my 200 have never shown up. I don't have time to mess around because tax season has arrived in full force and my time needs to be better spent than with customer service. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I have NOT used it, but I have seen many positive comments about using Verifyle for a secure portal, and that seemingly includes e-signatures (but I have NOT checked on that).  In the event you are a member of NAEA, I have heard that Verifyle is free.  But again, I have no first-hand experience with that; that is only what I've read from other people's comments.

https://verifyle.com/pricing.html

https://www.naea.org/member-center/verifyle-pro/

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

If it helps and is possible, you can have my 5 free e-signatures.  I would gladly part with them and the annoying pop-up that occurs everytime I visit the e-file center.

0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

I'll give you my 5 as well.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@taxiowa wrote:

I would gladly part with them and the annoying pop-up that occurs everytime I visit the e-file center.

What?  Isn't ad-supported software usually free?  I was assuming that because Intuit turned ProSeries into a continual advertisement, that they were planning on refunding the original purchase price.

0 Cheers
cathybcpa
Level 3

I wanted to post an update that I have disputed the charge with Proseries.  I am going to use DocuSign for $45 unlimited signatures per month. Considering Proseries uses DocuSign but just serves as the middleman and charges $2.50 per signature, I would highly recommend using an outside service and not Proseries for this option. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with the hours I have spent with customer service trying to get this resolved. As of today, customer service has totally dropped the ball and is 5 days past when they were going to call me within 24 hours with a solution. I originally contacted them back on December 24th and have had 7 customer service calls. Considering how hard they are pushing this with popups we can't get rid of, they best refine their product before doing such a hard sell. I got notified by Intuit I owe this balance immediately or they'll cancel my service. Yay! Please do!! As long as they don't cancel my software. Which I wouldn't put it past them - what a disaster.

I would highly discourage giving them any money for something that can be obtained a lot cheaper somewhere else. Use DocuSign!!!! 

0 Cheers