Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries refuses to print federal return

ejdtaxman
Level 7

Hopefully someone has some insight from a similar experience. 

I tried to print a preparer copy of a return that was filed. And to clarify, yes the 1040 was e-filed. The states printed fine, but the federal would not print after I tried twice. 

I then tried to print the filing copy of the 1040 just to have it so I could merge the 2 pdfs, and it still failed, saying "no federal forms to print." Obviously there are forms, since I filed a federal 1040 return. 

What gives? Is this a homebase issue or something I should be worried about? Not so much worried about not being able to print, as much as wanting to avoid any connected software issues. 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen this mentioned in the past, I cant remember what the outcome was though...if you use the Print Preview button, do you see the Federal shown?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ejdtaxman
Level 7

It doesn't even show up in Print Preview. If this was solved before, I'll try to search for it, hopefully the godawful search function on this website manages to turn something up. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
0 Cheers
JEromanix
Level 3

Thank you Lisa,

It worked,  It was initially set to print 1040, I toggled the setting to SR, then back to 1040 

and It worked!