Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROSERIES PROFESSIONAL

ivlabonne
Level 3

I have a 71 year old client that has 2068 of earned income, a pension and social security. Proseries tax software want an 8867 filled out for EIC. Will not

let me efile unless she gets it. I have tried all the radio buttons on the EIC Due dillgence page to get it to stop and it will not.

Was I sleeping when the max age was changed from 65???

Suggestions

Irene

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Was I sleeping when the max age was changed from 65???"

Evidently you did catch a little cat nap when that change was announced.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Was I sleeping when the max age was changed from 65???"

Evidently you did catch a little cat nap when that change was announced.

Slava Ukraini!
ivlabonne
Level 3

Darn, that little factoid escaped me... got the rest and forgot that one...at least not quite crazy.

PATAX
Level 15

@ivlabonne don't worry about it , many people forgot about it or were not aware of it. 

taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9

I just had an interesting situation come up that I took advantage of.  Single taxpayer, age 71 retired in June 2019.  Made like $12,900 in W2 wages that year in first half of year before retiring.

He gets 24,500 in Social Security benefits and drew $5,200 from IRA in 2021.  He has no earned income this year, but if you manually go into EIC worksheet and choose to use 2019 earned income, he gets $1,317 in EIC this year.

With the new EIC rules increasing the EIC for childless taxpayers and expanding it age wise to unlimited, this situation played out.  So beware and look out for taxpayers who retired in 2019 or young people who had no earned income in 2021.