Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1095 A and 8962

Perry
Level 1

Is anybody having troubles with 1095A info matching to Form 8962?

I put in the 1095 with the pennies and the 8962 computes one set of numbers.

I use whole dollars for each month and round up DEC to get the 1095 to match the numbers to the 1095 the client provided and another set of numbers computes on the 8962 

The difference is only slight but these amounts must match perfectly 

Has anybody else had this issue?

What is the best practice when entering the 1095A?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Years ago PS wouldnt recognize the change we put on the end, we had to round and maybe adjust the last few to match the total for each column. 

The last couple of years tough, they will let us add the change, so I do.  I havent had any issues that Ive noticed...do your column totals match the column totals on the 1095A?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Perry
Level 1

yes they do on the 1095A but they are off by a couple dollars on the 8962.

I can remove the pennies and round up in Dec to get to match and then they match

It seems as though if the 1095A is entered exact it should work...but like I said due to rounding the 8962 is off on line 24 and 25 by just a couple dollars. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@TaxGuyBill  whats your take on this?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

They keep changing it.  I think they finally fixed it when all 12 months are the same.  And if all 12 months are not the same, I think the way the program does it is technically allowable. But I haven't really analyzed it yet this year.