Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries eSignature Docusign issue

ATBLLC
Level 3

I sent my client the 8879 via ProSeries eSignature. The client realized they had forgotten a couple of items on the tax return. So I voided the eSignature request. Prepared an updated tax return, reviewed with the client and sent over a new eSignature request (8879). Once signed I realized when downloading the copies the OLD tax returns and OLD 8879 were signed. There were no updated tax returns or 8879; the wrong ones were obviously sent. 

It's apparent that the VOID feature does not work and there was no DELETE function.

Is there a way to RESEND everything in ProSeries eSignature to start all over again?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Alyson
Level 2

Did you send it from the dashboard or from the homebase?  If you send it from the homebase it should create the file again and attached the updated return.  

0 Cheers
ATBLLC
Level 3

I called Proseries to get the solution.  It does not work when send it from the homebase. Assuming it was signed the first go around.  I had to send it from the tool bar "eSignature > Request". That worked. 

The issue is, if you have an 8879 already signed and you need to re-do it, the homebase does not work; even after you void it. It continues to send out the original 8879.  But going to the tool bar as I mentioned above, works perfectly. 

0 Cheers
ATBLLC
Level 3

I agree, I have had a few superseded returns that you HAVE to go to the tool bar to send out the eSignature request in order for the updated tax returns to be sent to the taxpayer have the correct or updated returns signed.

0 Cheers