Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem e-filing 990 and 990-T

bbowie505
Level 3

I am trying to e-file a 990 and a 990-T for the same client.  It let me file the 990-T but when I try to e-file the 990 it says "Return is selected. Please complete the extension for the return first. If the extension has been completed, open the return navigate to State/City and save the return."  There is no state return for this client, however, a CA return is showing up. I remove the state, save the return and I still get the same message.  Anyone else having this issue?  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbowie505
Level 3

Believe or not I fixed the problem this morning. In the e-file center it was showing the Extension accepted, the 990-T accepted and the 990 was marked for e-file. Don't ask me why but I went in and unchecked the box to e-file the extension, saved the file and tried to e-file it again and it worked. Go figure. Thanks for responding and wanting to help. I appreciate it.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

I have prepared both the 990 and the 990t without a state return and was able to e-file them.... Go back and thoroughly check the main information worksheet for the 990 and 990t and make sure you checked the right boxes... There have been a lot of issues this year with this module and you can do a search on this forum and maybe you can find your answer... Hope this helps

bbowie505
Level 3

But were the returns for the same client?  This client requires both a 990 and a 990-T.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

@bbowie505 could you please send us the screen shot how the 990 & 990-T returns are shown up in the EF Center especially on the 'All' tab?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Yes and they both went through okay...

bbowie505
Level 3

Believe or not I fixed the problem this morning. In the e-file center it was showing the Extension accepted, the 990-T accepted and the 990 was marked for e-file. Don't ask me why but I went in and unchecked the box to e-file the extension, saved the file and tried to e-file it again and it worked. Go figure. Thanks for responding and wanting to help. I appreciate it.