Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has any other foreign based client been advised by technical support that it does not support overseas customers only those based in the US?

OverseasE
Level 1
Contacted technical support regarding protected PDFs today and was told that PS does not support people outside the US because the IRS is in the US. After two years of filing with PS from overseas I am flabbergasted.
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
protected PDFs?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Are you talking about protecting a PDF with a password, and what would your question be

0 Cheers
OverseasE
Level 1

Exactly!

0 Cheers
OverseasE
Level 1

I have Thunderbird and it simply does not link up to my account.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

So you're having troubles Emailing a password protected pdf from within the program?  Im not sure why foreign based would be any different for emailing.

Maybe something here will help?  It mentions Thunderbird.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-integrations/help/set-or-change-default-email-program...

I personally don't use the Proseries Email function.  I save to PDF then use Bullzip to password protect with a password of my choosing then attach to email like any other file.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Like Lisa I don't use ProSeries for email, as I haven't much luck getting it to work for most years. At one time I used Thunderbird and it worked for a while, then stopped working. I now use Encyro (very reasonable price) for all remote contacts with clients (including signing the 8879)

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I looked into Encyro last season and it looked like a good option! Im just so stuck in my ways and terrible at implementing changes, ugh! I know I will have to at some point though!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

For my system, the "mailto" protocol needed to be changed:

Settings > Apps > Default Apps (from the left) and on the right, scroll to the bottom > Choose default apps by protocol

Any URL or hypertext where the real path starts with "mailto:" will trigger whatever you assign here. Even web-based gmail will honor this, but there are some other settings to make, including in gmail, for that to bypass a desktop client mail app.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.