When emailing PDF's the program calls on your default e-mail program to send the client file. If your e-mail program does not launch, make sure it is set as the default e-mail program in Windows.
The E-Mail features works with 32-bit email programs that are MAPI-compliant. Web-based email services such as AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outllook.com, Gmail, etc are not MAPI-compliant and will not work with the tax software. MAPI-compliant e-mail programs include, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Outlook Express
- Microsoft Exchange
To set your default email client in Windows 10:
- Select the Windows Start button and click on the Gear icon to access Settings.
- Select the Apps category.
- On the left menu choose Default apps.
- Under Email click on the currently displayed program and choose the new app.
- Click on the X to close the Default apps screen.
For instructions on different versions of windows and for more information view the Microsoft website Change default programs using Set Program Access and Computer Defaults