Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Series or Pro Connect

T-Town-CPA
Level 4

My practice has reduced and on renewal I am trying to determine what the most affordable/workable option if for me for the 10 returns that are carrying over for 2022.  I have a long history with Pro Series, but when faced to reduce cost, does it make sense to switch to Pro Connect?  Can I import all of my client files into Pro Connect with history?

I appreciate you help in advance.  Thank you,

Tom

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
johnea
Level 3

good luck in reducing costs with intuit try importing with turbo tax u can e file 5 per program for $19.95 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try ProConnect - You can sign in at https://ito.intuit.com/app/protax/sign-in and create a return and do everything EXCEPT print or e-file for free. It is a totally different animal from ProSeries.

Returns are on "sale" right now for $43.98 vs regular price of $83.95. If you buy 20 returns now, they 20 credits expire at the end of the year and there is no rollover. If you need more they will be the "regular" price in place at the time they are purchase.  Do the math at regular price X 20 is a bunch. 

Drake is a popular cheaper alternative that you might also look at.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

Paid preparers cannot use TurboTax for client returns.

Ex-AllStar
T-Town-CPA
Level 4

Thank you for your quick response.  I am intrigued by your statement, "....it's a totally different animal...." What do you mean by that?

Additionally, I have 10 client returns in Pro Series, how do I get last years return into ProConnect for my client's comparison?  I love the 5 year summary Pro Series provide, which ultimately is another question of how to have that without going back and forth between Pro Series and Pro Connect.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Tom

0 Cheers
T-Town-CPA
Level 4

....also, you indicated the returns are "on sale" now for $43.  Is that both Federal and State?  If I only need 10, is 20 the mimum?

Thank you again!

0 Cheers
T-Town-CPA
Level 4

Yes, over the 20+ years of working with Intuit -- specifically with Pro Series and Quickbooks, they continually frustrate me with their arrogance on pricing.

The ads they run for Turbo Tax being "free" is a discredit to all of us professionals who prepare returns for others.

Thank you for your note.

Tom

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@T-Town-CPA wrote:

Thank you for your quick response.  I am intrigued by your statement, "....it's a totally different animal...." What do you mean by that?

Additionally, I have 10 client returns in Pro Series, how do I get last years return into ProConnect for my client's comparison?  I love the 5 year summary Pro Series provide, which ultimately is another question of how to have that without going back and forth between Pro Series and Pro Connect.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Tom

1. Input approach is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Try a return and see. No cost. No obligation. 

2. No 5 year history, only 1 prior year. 

George4Tacks
Level 15

The prices for the 1040 include ALL states. Got a pro ball player that has to file in 87 states, you can do all of them for the same low price. But wait, if you sign up now, you get a free pine air freshener to hang in your car window (a vehicle violation in some states that can lead to death.)

T-Town-CPA
Level 4

Too funny. I was just picking one of those up at Walmart yesterday....

Thanks for the smile!

Tom

0 Cheers
T-Town-CPA
Level 4

Thank you for your quick responses.  Trying this software out on a return from last year, but ran into the following issues:

1. The software "site" for ProConnect talk about "importing" your data.  Thinking this means last year's return, I don't see how the software imports Pro Series tax data.  Does it?  How?

2.  The 40% discount on the web page indicates in fine print new customers. When I clicked on discounts, a window opens and says it is not a valid discount.  Is the discount available to Pro Series to Pro Connect customers?

Intuit's pricing strategy blows my mind.  It's always more and the cost/value analysis always seems lacking to me.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Thank you in advance for you help!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

1. Conversion https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/convert-data-files/help/proconnect-tax-online-conversion-inf...

2. Pricing Call sales and discuss this - You ended up with a problem because you clicked the link with the user ID already tied to PS. 833-616-3091

Have you tried the software yet? Let us know how it goes. 

0 Cheers