Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIC Calculation

dftaxservices
Level 1

Starting to input client's W2, but EIC is not calculating correct credit amount. Is it because form is not e-file ready until the 24th? I confirmed with the EIC table and other tax programs. 

6 Comments 6
BobKamman
Level 15

An example, with amounts for earned income and AGI?  Maybe it's still using the 2020 formula?

PATAX
Level 15

I think it is still a little too early. I would wait a little bit longer to see if there is an update.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I agree with @BobKamman

what are your particulars and dollar amounts?

dftaxservices
Level 1

Earned income about $39,000 with 1 dependent, HOH. According to EIC table, credit should be about $2,000 and its giving $430

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dftaxservices wrote:

Earned income about $39,000 with 1 dependent, HOH. According to EIC table, credit should be about $2,000 and its giving $430

What is AGI?

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@dftaxservices wrote:

AGI is important, but I'll give you AGI at $39k. Can you show me where EITC should be "about" $2k? Show me the table where the dollar amount should be close to your value. 

I'll agree with closer to the $430 mark. 

You are not looking at 2 dependents, are you?

EDIT: I ran your numbers and I show in tables $501 and program shows same value.