Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing VA Estimated Quarterly Payment Vouchers

JWTinDC
Level 2

VA Estimated Quarterly Payment Vouchers will not print when printing state income tax returns. It also will not print when printing document only. It will only print to file (PDF).

Fix for this problem?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
sjrcpa
Level 15

Are they >$2,500?

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yea, I just tested it, something is screwy with the VA return..I cant get them to print either. They appear in Print Preview, I hit Print and my printer acts like something is going to happen....but nothing does.

Try using Refresh Updates, maybe something went wrong in the last update and didnt install right?

refresh.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
My tester file has them for $1645 each and I cant seem to get them to print.

0 Cheers
JWTinDC
Level 2

Est. Vouchers (4) are $3K each.

Jeff

0 Cheers
JWTinDC
Level 2

Hi Just-Lisa-Now-

I refresh updates for installed products. Vouchers still won't print. Printer log says successfully sent to printer, but nothing actually printed. Also tried changing general printing options for this form to "if any data". This also did not fix the problem.

Jeff

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi  can you look into this?  Something has gone wrong somewhere along the line..

@JWTinDC you may be stuck printing to PDF then printing the PDF to printer until they can get it worked out.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@JWTinDC Payments of $2,500 or more are supposed to made electronically. So that may explain your issue, but not Lisa's.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
ljr
Level 8

I have the same problem - I had to pdf them then print them. Has to be a software issue. 

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Thanks @Just-Lisa-Now- we're looking into this. 

CES4
Level 1

It's now 2023 and we are into a new tax season and Virginia still won't print if there are ANY estimated tax vouchers.  You have to print to pdf and print from there.  Like we have extra time right now??  Can't this be fixed - it's been years!

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Are the estimates over $1,500 each?  VA changed the law effective 7/1/22.  All estimates over $1,500 must be made electronically.  Once the taxpayer is "on" electronic payments they stay on it.

Payments can be made via the website:

https://www.tax.virginia.gov/individual-income-tax-payment-options

But yes, if you have ES payments <$1,500 you should be allowed to print them.

Rick

ldubrow
Level 1

I need to print the federal estimated tax forms  for 2023 not the Virginia forms

0 Cheers