Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer issue

sevendog
Level 1

Hawaii state return prints weird characters on page 2 and page 4 of return. Federal is fine. Anyone else have this issue?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Minnesota prints Morse Code on some pages.  It was a problem last year also.  Print to pdf and then print to paper is the problem fixer for that one.

Slava Ukraini!
sevendog
Level 1

Never had this issue in my 20+ years with ProSeries.. Works fine on HP printer but prints characters and omits characters on page 2 and page 4 of HI tax return when using Brother printers. Perhaps a software issue?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@sevendog wrote:

Works fine on HP printer but prints characters and omits characters on page 2 and page 4 of HI tax return when using Brother printers.

That is really interesting.  Different printers have different results? 

I use a Brother printer, and it prints gibberish on some pages.   But if I remember correctly, IRMN uses HP, and he also has the gibberish.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Brother printers print gibberish, HP printers print Morse Code.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Brother printers print gibberish, HP printers print Morse Code.

Really, you've printed on both and get different results?  If so, that is quite interesting.  That fact could potentially be useful to the developers in the unlikely event they actually were to look into the problem.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I spent time with Orlando with the issue last year.  At least he was honest and said it would be quite awhile before it got fixed.  But now I’m not sure if “quite awhile” meant years or decades.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

At least he was honest

He must not be following the Intuit guidelines.   🤣