Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can depreciation be imported to a different return type?

Dan16
Level 2

Is there a way to transfer fixed assets from a 1065 return into a 1040 return?  One partner (spouse in LLC) died so I no longer have to file a partnership return.  However, he needs to report the rental properties on his 1040 Schedule E now.  Is there a way to transfer all the assets to his Schedule E's so I don't have to re-enter all the assets?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

You can import from the 1065 into FAM and then export from FAM into a 1040.  The catch is, "once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."  You will have to maintain the assets in FAM going forward and do the export/import process every year.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Accountant-Man
Level 13

No.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Dan16
Level 2

**bleep**!  But thanks.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No if you used ProSeries to compute depreciation, yes if you used FAM

Slava Ukraini!
Dan16
Level 2

Can you export to FAM then import to Proseries?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I have never used FAM so I have no idea.  I just remember the process being brought up here last year.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

You can import from the 1065 into FAM and then export from FAM into a 1040.  The catch is, "once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."  You will have to maintain the assets in FAM going forward and do the export/import process every year.