Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Tax Credit

Alfredo1967
Level 3

Is the IRS still charging the excess advance premium tax credit for 2021?

9 Comments 9
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

they didnt cover that in your CPE class?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think they were silent on the subject in my class.  However, I thought I saw elsewhere that it had died a natural death in 2020.  Are we going to be quizzing everyone this year about whether something was covered in their class?  If so I sure hope I don't have to ask an actual tax question here because I tend to have a little attention deficit issues and also suffer from a lack of sleep at times so I could have missed something.  Ok, you convinced me.  I'm going to be too afraid to ask a question here for the rest of the year.  I'll just wing it rather than be embarrassed here.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@Alfredo1967 wrote:

Is the IRS still charging the excess advance premium tax credit for 2021?

Charging?  Meaning repaying the subsidy under the appropriate circumstances?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I assumed that's what he meant and I meant the not paying it back thingy died in 2020.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Thats a fantastic idea!! 😂🤣

IRonMaN
Level 15

Ok - done deal.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

You know Im just playing with you, right? Your my coyote!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I never post actual tax questions here so it really wasn’t a threat but I was curious what the response would be if I didn’t use emojis 🤪😜🥸💩🤡😀😆😉

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Cousin Alfredo, yes there is excess Advance premium tax credit repayment this year, and Pro Series does a good job on this. Hopefully federal government will not make any tax changes in the middle of March and make it retroactive like they did last year. Just my opinion.