Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

penalty worksheet

tennessee
Level 1

line 9a on the 1040 late penalties & interest worksheet is WRONG---THE RATE 5% PER MONTH NOT 25%--PLEASE HANDLE ; BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR A VERY TIME--I NEED THIS FIXED ASAP!

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I'm showing the same error in the program.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IntuitGabi please help. 

@tennessee  Not that it’s any consolation, but the IRS generally recalculates and returns (with interest)….. i likely have a few that I didn’t bother to check in that position. If not transmitted, I’d edit and correct. sometimes you just rely on the expensive software to be correct 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

@Skylane 👍

0 Cheers
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

Hi @tennessee @TaxGuyBill @Skylane thanks for flagging this issue to us. We'll share this with the team asap.

0 Cheers
I NEED THIS FIXED ASAP!

That ain't gonna happen.  I would suggest overriding the amount.

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@Intuitjhaze Hey,Z…. @Just-Lisa-Now-  reported a similar issue with the penalty worksheet on 3/2… you replied and  I thought it had been resolved… seems like it was a somewhat different issue but same worksheet…. I checked a couple penalties at the time but they involved incorrect estimated payment date calculations that seemed to have been fixed…. Fix one break another?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers