Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Filing and Penalties Worksheet wrong date

kbacctg
Level 3

So I went to calculate late payment and interest for a client who will have a large balance due on a 1040.   The Penalties and interest form has 4/18/22 for the due date.  Doing a search of the community on this topic and it seems every year for at least the last 2 years, this has occurred.  But never this late in the season. 

Really Proseries???   I have been a loyal user since 2003, but the stuff that is just not right is starting to get really old.

Penalties.GIF

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What date do you want it to show?  The due date this year is 4/18.   

15th falls on a weekend, then Emancipation Day is the 17th.  18 is the next business day.

OHHHH, the year is wrong, is the math is wrong too?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

You can check the box just in front of the line 3B, and enter what ever date you need it to be

0 Cheers
kbacctg
Level 3

Tried that, it does not change anything.  It still calculates like the date is in 2022.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@Just-Lisa-Now- reported this to moderators and they said developers are looking into it and will reply.

I THINK (not sure) that I've seen something like this before and that the IRS will recalculate the penalty and (eventually) return it to TP w/ int...  

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers