Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA shows no error when checking but when I try to print it says forms are not final. Can't print PA tax return! Help.

atoztaxes
Level 1

5 Comments 5
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

The same issue happened to me when I attempted to print MD state returns -- it turns out a couple of the forms I am using will only be E-File ready this Wednesday.  I don't know why there are no errors to flag it before I go to print.

I did print out PA returns for a client over the weekend, so I think your return may have one unique form that is not yet E-file ready.  Go through each form in the return and you should be able to spot it.

itonewbie
Level 15

You can always check ProSeries' form status here: https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?product=PROSERIES&bu=PRO...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
lindner1611
Level 1

I have the same issue, i can print PA but not MD.  i think it was 2 years ago that MD wasn't ready until Feb 12.  What a pain.  Hopefully it is resolved quickly this year.

PATAX
Level 15

A few days ago a colleague said he had a similar issue like this. Take a look at the local EIT return. This EIT return is not ready yet. If the box is checked to prepare this return, then this may be causing the issue.

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

The ProSeries message for the MD returns indicated they should be E-file ready this Wednesday -- 01/31/24.

We will see if that holds.