Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8962

MARYNAV
Level 3

It looks to me like the Federal Poverty Line is incorrect for 2023 on form 8962.  Everything I look at for a family of 3 says it is $23,030 for 2023 but this form is using $21,960 which is what it was for 2022 returns.  Am I just wrong or does the program still need to be updated for this form.  Unfortunately, the people who like to file the quickest are the people who qualify for this credit.  

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I haven't printed it out, but my screen shows $23,030.

Maybe you need to update your software?  Or repair updates?

0 Cheers
MARYNAV
Level 3

I did update because I thought that might be the problem but I will update again since something must have gone wrong.  It is good news that the amount is right for you. Thanks for the response.  

0 Cheers
MARYNAV
Level 3

My software said there were no updates and the number didn’t change.  I had to download the tool hub and do a repair updates.  After I did that my software actually updated and the number is now correct and a bunch of forms that said they were not efile ready are now ready.  I never heard of an update repair so thanks for the advice.  Hopefully the software will update like it is supposed to going forward. 

0 Cheers