Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other Deductions totals on an 2021 1120S

jeandale1
Level 2

We have encountered what seems to be a problem on 2021 ProSeries in that the detailed total of the Other Deductions worksheet does not jive with the grand total that carries forward to the 1st page of the 1120S return.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

Is the difference amortization?

Ex-AllStar
jeandale1
Level 2

No it’s not amortization.  

When you print off the detail the total in it is correct.  The total that shows on page 1 of the 1120S is more by $40K+   

PATAX
Level 15

I would double check everything again just to be sure. If problem is still there,  I would delete the other deductions worksheet , and then re-enter all the numbers on it,  and see if it flows through correctly. Just my opinion

jeandale1
Level 2

The numbers have been checked numerous times.  The entire return has been doublechecked numerous times.  We have not tried to just delete the worksheet so will try that and see what happens.

Thank you for the comments.

PATAX
Level 15
You're welcome
IRonMaN
Level 15

What is the difference?  Is it like one or two of the entries on the schedule that aren't transferring over?

Slava Ukraini!
jeandale1
Level 2

It is very close to the pension contribution amount but not exact but that is not on the Other Deductions worksheet at all anyways.  We thought maybe it was the meal since they are 100% deductible this year but that's not it either.  

The reason for my post is that we are beginning to think there is a software program error.  If you override the total on the 1st page of the 1120S to what it shows on the detail page, then everything balances out perfectly.